Stories of Strength & Courage

A space for women to share their stories of strength and courage when leaving an abusive relationship. Please email me if you would like to share yours too.

Name:

A woman who managed to find the strength and courage to leave a verbally abusive relationship. Please email me at nikki@emich.net if you would like to share your story.

Monday, September 25, 2006

The Beginning

I have decided to start this blog as a space for women to share their stories of strength and courage. I want to hear your story. I was in a verbally-turned physcally abusive relationship for almost 2 years. It took me that long to realize that I was good enough, that I didn't have to live with this man anymore. I had to find out how to love myself in order to leave. Now I want you to share your story. Please email it to me and I will post it here, for everyone to read. My goal is for everyone to gain strength and courage from these stories and hopefully women who have yet to escape can get the courage to do so. Please email me you story at nikki@emich.net. I hope this works! Thanks everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Birdie said...

This is so awesome Nikki, I'll cut and paste my story into an e-mail to make it easier to post ;)

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for this... years have passed and I had a similar experience of four years. Now my life is great and its 7years after the war. lucky Tom never hit you. I remember the time I actually said... Go ahead babe, hit me or kill me - anything will be better than hearing you tell me what a waste of oxygen i am. And he actually did it. Now I am fine and so very happy but I am still reserved and holding things inside. Thought maybe deep down i am a sh*t or maybe it selves me right for being a lap dog and therefore i don't please my husband who actually deserves me. But now I see that i am not alone and that it was not me and that I should not be scared to talk about what happened. 7 years of silence. he branded me as some-one who needed to be in a mental institution with all our friends so i and to start again cos they never saw any of it.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Moons and Cookies said...

I definitely appreciate a forum like this, and I hope it will continue, as I see that it's been a handful of years since anything has been posted. I think something like this could really help a lot of women like me, who understand the problem, but still feel stuck in the situation. This is very inspirational!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home